Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The last one at work

As the newest and youngest person at our office, I have the honor of being the last one at work this Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The phone hadn't rung in hours, but it just did as I started this. However it was only a technician saying he'd finished his work and was leaving because everything was fixed.

Whee.

On the plus side, I've gotten a lot of things done online--since my only assignment today is to babysit the phone and work order systems. I mean, I did all the normal office stuff but I've probably had 4 hours of free time in the 6 hours I've been here.

I think I'll leave @ 4. The boss said that unless something's going badly, it shouldn't be a problem if I leave then. I just have to check the voicemail @ 5. I can handle that. It'd give me a headstart on leaving. On the minus side, I'm sure the metro's already packed. On the plus side, it'd be packed anyway.

Actually, maybe it won't be packed because everybody already left. I could handle that.

No comments: