Friday, November 16, 2007

To watch Numb3rs or not to watch Numb3rs--that is the question!

I really enjoy the show Numb3rs. Well, I'm a sucker for most CBS crime dramas. All 3 CSIs and NCIS. I suppose Numb3rs is the only different one because they're not actually crime scene investigators (I know NCIS isn't technically, but they show is essentially Naval CSI).

It's fun to see the mystery get solved. To see if you can figure out who did it. I actually have a theory that the CSIs are like the epistolary novels of our time. Epistolary novels were some of the earliest novels and were made up letters, either all from one person to another or from several people to several people.

Anyway, they were pretty episodic--like one of the earliest, Pamela, which pretty much consisted of "He tried to seduce me again." "Now I think he tried to rape me." "Why isn't anyone coming to get me out of this F***** place." No seriously. It's a depressing book. The weird part is that it ends with "I think I like him." "Hmm, how about that, I'm going to marry him, he's not so bad."

Excuse the digression.

The point of the post is whether or not I should stay up for Numb3rs because I'm exhausted but it's also already 9:42 (I had a bunch of stuff to take care of) so I might as well stay up 'till it finishes at 11? Maybe I should ask DH.

No comments: