Thursday, November 15, 2007

Life of Brian

I love Monty Python when I need a good laugh. This weekend DH and I watched Life of Brian. If you're a Python fan or just have a wacky sense of humor, this is a must-see. It's particularly good for Christians with a sense of humor, or anyone who enjoys religious satire and understands Christian references.

Poor Brian lives at the same time as Jesus and, through a series of misunderstandings and such, becomes a quasi-Messianic figure himself. Only he doesn't want to be one and he's really nothing special. Things don't turn out so well for poor Brian.

What's most impressive is the way the guys turned a depressing ending into something rather amusing. But if you're in the 1% of the population who hasn't seen it, I won't give away the ending.

Btw, it's the 15th today. Officially 1/2 of NaBloPoMo is over. Very relieved. I don't have to succeed, but I'd like to. It's just that I feel kinda pressured sometimes when I think about it.

Good luck everybody! :)

No comments: