Friday, November 9, 2007

Bipolar bouncy week

I've been bipolar all week. Ugh. But in retrospect it was a good week anyway. I got a chance to volunteer, I helped out a friend, I even earned a little money on the side. Plus I got a couple compliments from my boss.

Sure, I felt like crap for part of it, but if I came out ahead that's what matters.

This is so much better than before, we a bad day could throw me for a while week. Between the therapy and the Lexapro, even my bad days aren't too bad.

Tip of the day: If your day's been going really badly, try to find something you enjoy. Don't look for a thrill that'll bounce you up past a balanced point, but something you like to do. So make time for the cup of coffee or watch the Simpsons. One of the best things for me is watching a (truly) funny show or listening to a comedian. I have a CD of Ellen and one of Mitch Hedberg. So even if I'm doing dishes, I can be laughing and enjoying myself after a hard day. These are priceless.

No comments: