Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Kasamba

Well, I finally figured out how to use Kasamba. If you sign up for an account as an expert, then you get a few options. You pick what you're an expert in, describe your experience and any credentials, and set your rates.

Once you're approved, you can go in through the "My Kasamba" feature to "Answer Posted Requests" in your area. You answer with a bid and perhaps a little bit about yourself. So if someone posts "I want a reading about getting a parakeet," you'd respond by either bidding your fee (if it's an e-mail reading) and saying "Let's explore your pet possibilities." Or if they wanted a live chat, you'd just post a response (and it'd show your per-minute settings). They have an interface you download which lets you talk to clients.

I haven't used it yet, I haven't had time. I was thinking I'd try it out on weekends, when I'm free.

One disadvantage is that since I'm a new reader I have no stars. So people will be less likely to choose me as their reader and then star or review me. *sigh*

That's going to be a real impediment.

But I'm not depending on this for my income or anything, it's just something I'll try out.

Ooh, I wonder if they let you offer copyediting services....hmm.

In other news, I've feeling rather depressed--and it sucks. *sighs* I deal with depression but today's is worse than normal. Probably because I had something good happen around 10am. My day started off ishish, went phenomenal, and then I'm crashing off the emotional high. D*mn bipolarness.

No comments: